Monday, September 14, 2009

Gabi runs off to join the circus


Saturday at Club Med dawned bright and sunny. We all enjoyed sleeping in a little, then went down to play a little squash. I wasn't very good, it was easier to play on our own then with each other. I moved on to ride the bike in the gym for the rest of my work out. I managed to go 12.7 miles in about 30 minutes. Greg and Gabi went to the room to change before they got me from the gym, then I met them at breakfast. Of course breakfast was delicious, the buffet teaming with fresh fruits and yummy eggs. After breakfast Gabi retired to her club and we didn't see her again except in passing until 5pm. We did see her up on the trapeze learning to fly, she went up with no fear climbing the narrow ladder all the way up to the top, then with the help of the teachers grabbed the bar and flew through the air a smile on her face the entire time. I watched from the pool while Greg snapped some great pictures. Once Gabi headed back to her club we went to the pool, where I tried some water aerobics and water dancing. I even won a beer in the pool foot race, Greg kindly drank my prize for me. Later Greg went snorkeling and I got a wonderful massage. The family reconnected for dinner, which had an international theme. Gabriella went back to the mini club to enjoy a coloring contest and Greg and I walked down to the beach to look at the stars. We could see the Milky Way and even spotted a few falling stars. The show Saturday night was a circus show which we all enjoyed. The theme was under the sea and all of Gabriella's circus instructors were in it. After the show there was a chocolate buffet and dancing in the court yard. We finally made it back to the room after ten and fell into our beds exhausted but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment