Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Boot Camp Day 13: Why make running harder?

I'm writing this early because I'm too tired to go upstairs. I'm hoping the ridiculously cold water I'm drinking will motivate me to type. I'm still exhausted from Cardio Funk last night and now doubly so because of running this morning.
Today instead of just running we had to jump rope while running. I looked ridiculous. I was completely unable to run and swing the rope without hitting my feet. I think my longest running and skipping was 10 steps and that was amazing. The next longest 3. Thankfully we only had to make it around the short track once with the jumprope. Then we ran the long track. I made it around the first time, stopping once to get a lesson in not drawing my arms across my body when I run because doing so makes me run crooked. Putting my new found knowledge into practice was harder than I thought it was going to be. But eventually I'm sure I'll get use to it. I'm still new at this whole running business so I'm probably pretty easy to train.
There was some lightning in the sky but it was pretty far away and never got close enough for the run to be called off. By the time I'd finished my second lap I was dragging. I walked the last part because I was just too tired to pick up my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment