Thursday, September 24, 2009

Insane Workouts lead to Insanity

This morning I actually signed up for another 12 weeks of boot camp. I paid my money and got my receipt, I'm all signed up for another 12 weeks of 4:07 am wake up calls and pain. Why did I do it? Well I'm still asking myself that question. It was a great deal, half off the price, so clearly I'm a sucker for a bargain. The other reason I did it was because I've really made some positive changes in my life in the last 6 weeks and I'd like to continue on the road I've started. It's a journey and it's painful but I'm going to be healthier and happier at the end of it. I need to build habits, positive habits and getting up and working out is one of them. Greg asked me if I thought I could still continue to motivate myself once the class was over and I told him I didn't know. I can be flighty and when push comes to shove occasionally I just walk away and give up. I think another boot camp will help cement my fitness regimen and help me to loose a little more weight. After all I'm going to be in a wedding next summer, I want to look my best.

Today we worked on our legs in what I would call painful power squats. We did it for 35 minutes taking a few breaks here and there. It was a short work out but it packed a punch, I was exhausted and drenched in sweat when I got home. Walking has been painful all day, going up and down stairs excruciating. It's a good kind of pain, what am I saying the pain is terrible, I think this boot camp has turned me into a masochist. Because I just paid more money to get put in this type of pain for the next 18 weeks, that I think is the definition of insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment