Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Boot Camp: Week 5 Begins

I'm going to play a little catch up today. Right now it's 4:21 am and I have about 15 minutes before I need to leave for another day of fun at boot camp. Monday was the start of week 5 and we worked on arms, lots and lots of work on arms. Weights and bands, multiple reps. It was hard and he was mad. Angry because not everyone attended the lecture on Saturday. I didn't attend because I was living it up on Ishigaki island. I told him previously that I wasn't going to be there and he was fine with it. Monday I was wondering how fine he really was. He talked about our food consumption and announced a journal review day on Tuesday. I went home with hurt arms and a little bit of anxiety about my eating over the past week.
Tuesday was body fat day and I'm pleased to say I've made good strides in that department, I was also happy that I still lost weight even though I went on vacation. I tried to eat well and for the most part succeeded but they did have some delicious fried food that I sampled. Tuesday was also arms, this time with weights and then push ups. As he read through our journals he added more reps to our push ups, if one person stopped we'd all start over. He was mad, disappointed that the class as a whole is not taking boot camp seriously and he punished us for it. I'm not sure how many push ups we did, but by the end I was dangerously close to breaking my nose because my arms could no longer hold my weight. My arms hurt all day, it was one of the reasons I didn't post a blog yesterday. Opening Gabi's go-gurt nearly brought me to tears. Today is running, so at least I'll be mainly using my legs. My tired arms need a bit of a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment