Saturday, September 19, 2009

Weekend Work Out

This morning I had absolutely no intention of going to Cardio Funk. When my alarm went off I turned it off. But Greg's alarm rang a few minutes later and even though he pushed snooze a few times I still got up in time to get dressed and drag myself out the door. Eating my banana in the car I drove over to the class. I got there a little early, there was plenty of room in the class and John was in a very excited and happy mood. The class was hard but I was able to stay up on the step for at least 75% of the class. It's nice to see that I'm improving, getting use to the moves, understanding the rhythms and building my endurance. I feel like I was a little tricked this morning into staying for the Ab working out. We kept stepping for the whole hour and then just quickly transitioned into the Ab class. The step class was hard but then to go into the Ab class was really overwhelming. But I made it through both classes and managed to drink two full bottles of water during the hour and a half. Driving home I felt the endorphins coursing through my body and I had a big smile on my face. Making it to through both workouts was a huge personal accomplishment and I'm very happy I went to class today. I even got a "good job today" from John. Next Saturday is bring a friend day, any volunteers?

No comments:

Post a Comment