Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Run around girl

Last night Greg was on call which means that he was still on call when I left the house this morning. He actually got a page right after I got up, it was just an update on lab results but for second I thought I wasn't going to be able to go run. I must say I was a little disappointed. I assured him I'd take my phone and give it to John while I ran, that way if he got paged I would just come home. As I drove to the athletic field I kept checking my phone, making sure it was on and that I had it on the right setting. Arriving at the field I handed my phone over to John telling him Greg was on call and that he may call. John's response was he couldn't wait to talk to him. I can only imagine how that conversation would have gone. We started the run with the long route which included the stairs. Once again I made it up and down the stairs on both of my long route loops. I must say I felt the run was harder today, it was a little warmer than it's been in the past week and it made running a little bit hotter. I felt I was going slower than my usual pace and I must admit that I walked more than I wanted to. I will be the first to admit that I hoped that Greg was calling ask me to come home. The last lap of the run was the short lap around the stadium, I was relieved to finish. I never really got into a zone today, I felt each step, each hill and each breath. I still managed to run over 3 miles and I'm proud of doing the best I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment