Thursday, October 1, 2009

Better Late than Never

This post is late because my day was packed with activity. Firstly I feel I should mention that Greg has left the island. He's on a transport to Hawaii with a critically sick kid, he will return on Sunday. Boot camp this morning consisted of 1000 crunches and a lecture. I was completely ready for an intense workout and when we didn't really get that I feel like my whole day was off. I guess if I'm not in terrible pain I'm not happy. The lecture was great, it translated not only to fitness but also to life. John talked about the 3 key steps to success and the importance of trying your best. The lecture was really about building mastery, whether it's workouts or child rearing or tying your shoe, if you want to master something you have to identify what you are doing wrong, find out why, and learn how to change that behavior through rigorous honesty and practice.
Today I didn't do my second work out because I wanted to get a little something for the child that Greg is transporting. Gabriella had already told me what I should get and so with little effort I made the purchases while she was at school. Since Greg is gone I won't be able to attend my normal boot camp class tomorrow, which is disappointing but not necessarily bad. This time I'm going to try the 6 pm class and hope for a nice breeze. I'm selecting that class because it's cooler and because I'll still be able to go to the opening of the new exchange on Kadena with Rachel and Angie. I'm so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment