Thursday, October 22, 2009

How many ways can you do a push up

Today in boot camp we learned the fine art of doing a push up and a reverse push up. I must say it was really hard and I'm very sweaty as I type this post. There are few things harder for me to do in life than a push up. When I started boot camp I was able to do exactly 1 in 2 minutes. Now I'm pleased to say I can do more than that, today I did quite a few before reverting to using my knees. I suppose with less weight to lift coupled with stronger arm muscles a push up is no longer beyond the realm of possibilities for me. We worked on form and why it's important, the gist is if you do a push up wrong you put stress on different parts of your body like shoulders and elbows which will eventually cause injury. It was an interesting if painful lesson.

I only have one run between me and my vacation. I have loads of things to do before the trip but I'm looking forward to running tomorrow. For that one hour I'm going to move my to do lists to the back of my mind and just enjoy putting one foot in front of the other without a care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment