Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No Light Mayo--Ever!!

Today was the first day of this week's boot camp, it's important to note that today is Tuesday. We all got an extra day off for Columbus day. However with the extra day to the weekend means an extra day to cheat on our diet. Today we paid for those indiscretions with arm exercises. As I write this I feel my left hand going numb and that my arm as a whole is not acting normally. I hope it will pass before I have to open anything, because at this point I would not be able to open anything with a twist top. The work out today started with 800 crunches then moved on to some triceps workouts. I don't know how many we did of those because I was too concerned with not dropping the weights into my face. As we worked our arms he read through a few journals, then he channeled his inner Joan Crawford and told us no Light Mayo or brownies. I give props to people for being vigorously honest in their journals. Although now that the whole class paid for the light mayo and brownies eaten by someone else, I'm all for deception. We did learn that we will be able to have brownies again, just not now. When we get to the maintenance stage we can have the occasional treat. This boot camp is about learning to live a healthy lifestyle to adopt better eating and exercise habits. I'm looking forward to getting to the maintenance phase, but if I have a brownie before then I will not feel guilt or shame about it I'll just work out a little extra to burn it off. Food will never make me feel guilty again.

No comments:

Post a Comment