Monday, October 19, 2009

Zumba Roomba

Today was the first day of another boot camp week. This morning we did some triceps exercises that required us to support our own body weight and bend our elbows. It was hard like most exercises that we do. I wonder if 9 weeks about I could have supported my weight, although it's less now I still struggled. I think if we were given this exercise at the beginning of the program I would have baulked at it, completely refusing to try. Now I tried, it was hard but I still did it to the best of my ability. I suppose that's the major change that has happened as a result of this boot camp, I'm no longer afraid of trying. If I see a big hill or a steep flight of stairs I don't find another way around it, I simply do my best to tackle the obstacle in front of me.

Since we are leaving on vacation on Friday I'm working hard on getting in my extra cardio exercise during the week. Today I went to Zumba, it's an aerobic class that incorporates latin dance and exercise. It's a very cool class, I like the music, I like the instructor and I love that it's a hard workout but I don't notice because I'm busy dancing. Today was the second class I've attended and I think I'm getting better. After the Zumba class there is a 30 minutes abs and core strengthening class. Of course I stayed because why not, I'm already sweaty and it's only another half an hour. It was a great class and I feel good that I've gone. Now only 4 more days of boot camp until vacation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment