Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week 8: Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

This week started out with me missing Monday's boot camp because I was sick. I think it was the right decision because I would have thrown up all over John's studio. I spent the day in bed and felt much better when Tuesday rolled around. Although I must say it was doubly hard to get up on Tuesday morning. As we drove to boot camp I couldn't help but wonder what new torture we'd be doing this week. The new torture involves laying on our stomachs moving weights out and in. It's to strengthen our arms and shoulders, and believe me that it what hurt for the rest of the day. After we'd warmed up we had an obstacle course race. We had to do a push up then walk our hands over a very high step (the kind used for step aerobics) then do another push up and climb to the next one, once we'd finished crossing over the steps we had to crab walk to the end of the room. Did I mention it was a race? So we had to do it three times to start and we were off to the races. I was the last to finish on my team barely edging out the other teams last person. It was nice to win for my team, there was a threatened penalty for loosing but we never found out what it was because we had to start all over again. We did the course for a while then got a short lecture. Needless to say I was sore yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment