Friday, October 2, 2009

Run Gabi Run

Since Greg is in Hawaii I wasn't able to go to my normal boot camp class. I ended up going at 6 pm, and because of a babysitting snafu I had a running partner. That's right, I took Gabi with me. I must say that John was less than pleased to see her. After assuring him that she would be fine running he just shrugged. Gabi was a superstar, the first lap of the long route (about 1.5 miles) she never stopped running even making detours up and down the hills. She asked how many laps we were going to do and I told her we would do 3 laps. Her response was to smile and speed up. Gabi and I reached the stairs at the starting point and we both sipped on our water. When I asked if she was ready to go she merely stood up and started running. We made it around the second lap and were stopped by John who asked how Gabi was holding up and told us to run the short route on the next lap. The short route is just around the stadium about 1300 meters according to the signage. We made it twice around the short route before finally calling it a day. Gabriella ran for the full hour, although we walked up the hills (which I almost always do). I would guess that she ran about 4.5 miles without complaint, faster than I did. I am so proud of her and I know she really impressed John. She's a lean mean running machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment