Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dr. Funkenstein

I waited until late to write my post today because I wanted to include something about Cardio Funk. This morning we did squats with 15 pound weights, it was brutal, not only did my arms hurt from holding the weights but my legs hurt from doing the squats. We did learn a little more about the importance of not being a victim, especially to ourselves. For example, when we call ourselves fat or we make comments about our figure before someone else does. Putting ourselves down is never acceptable. We are making progress and even though others can't see it we know it. We are working towards our goals and making gains, even if they are small they are gains.

Anyway this afternoon I took Rachel and Gabi with me to Cardio Funk. I was so excited because on Tuesday I gained mastery of the footwork and managed to stay on the step the entire class. So of course today I was all ready to rock. However I failed to realize that I can never get too comfortable with the class because it's constantly changing. And change it did, to me it felt harder than Tuesdays class, much harder. I was sweating in the first 15 minutes and by the time it was over my whole shirt was soaked. But I managed to keep up with the moves and stay on the step. Today was harder and I still did it. Yeah for small steps in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment