Friday, October 16, 2009

Finally Friday

Well this week has been a killer, today my body is so tired I'm considering trying to get a massage at some point this weekend. Today was a run day and instead of running the blue line again we ran on a track where they were having a jog-a-thon for the special olympics. It was nice to run for a great cause. I was really proud to do a little to support such a great organization. I was also touched by their motto which was printed on flags around the track. "Let me win, but if I cannot let me be brave in my attempt." I see how it's a great motto for the special olympics but really it's a great motto for life. It reminded me that it's not the win or loss that matters but how you played. The journey is far more important than the destination. I'm pleased with where I am in my journey and I'm thrilled that I've been allowed to be brave in what I've attempted. It's so easy to try to solicit help instead of accomplishing things yourself, but it seems more satisfying when I've done it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment