Friday, October 9, 2009

Hail the Conquering Hero

This morning we ran up a hill, a hill that I've never actually run up in the 7 weeks I've been running at this park. It's a different hill than the one I ran up Wednesday, it's longer and steeper. I ran up it 12 times, an accomplishment that I feel embodies the accomplishments I've made throughout the past 6 months. Even before I started boot camp I gave up bad habits, crutches that seemed to be holding me back from the person I wanted to be. Doing boot camp is a way to create new healthier habits to replace the old not so healthy ones. In the past 7 weeks I've looked at small accomplishments like sitting up without using my hands as steps on a ladder to a better me. Today however feels like I've conquered something bigger. This hill symbolized me holding myself back, I never ran up it because I assumed I couldn't, yet today I did not once or twice but 12 times. The body is an amazing thing, it can do things even though the mind tells it that they are impossible. I'm on the road to a better me, to possibly finding the person I've always truly wanted to be, the person that I can look at in the mirror and love no matter what and no hill big or small will stand in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment