Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Boot Camp: Week 4: Straight Trippin

Gabi started school yesterday and my schedule is all thrown off. I can only hope as I acclimate to having more free time in the morning my blogging will get better. This morning was a little cooler, which I was thankful for since the run was a little harder than normal. The jumprope made a triumphant return. Only instead of just one small lap with the jumprope it was the long route. It was ridiculously hard, I was tripping constantly. Finally after half a lap I figured out how to just run and just swing the jumprope, not necessarily in tandem. I didn't care where it hit or if it got caught in my shoe, the whole point was to try to keep running. If it got tangled I'd try to get untangled without stopping. I made it two laps in an hour and believe me I was thankful to make it that far. I must say my strategy worked, I got a good workout and didn't trip and fall. I'm sure it wasn't pretty, in fact I know it wasn't pretty as some of the very kind Japanese I skipped pass looked on in shock and confusion.
On a different note, sometimes I feel like God is just looking out for me. Today was a perfect example. When we got to the park I pulled out my ipod and the battery bar was in the red. Yet by divine intervention it played the whole run. Thank you God, now if you wouldn't mind striking down those jump ropes.

No comments:

Post a Comment